LSG lion selection group limited

lion takes a dip , page-17

1. 644 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    re: lion ex div clarification Response to question on ex div Date:

Thank you for your email regarding the Lion Selection Group dividend.

As per our announcement of 9 November, Lion announced that a dividend would be paid to "shareholders registered at the close of business on 21 November 2006" (this is the books close date or "record date"). It is the ASX who independently defines the Ex Dividend date as per the ASX Listing Rules (stating that it is 4 business days before the record date (Tuesday 21st November), making the Ex Dividend date the 15th November 2006.

I note that you are referring to a release made regarding Lion, I assume you are referring to an alert released at 3am. We believe that this is a form of an auto alert of the Ex Div status, possibly generated by the ASX. Lion does not release an announcement advising of Ex Dividend status, as the timing of this is determined by the ASX.

I would suggest that you speak to your broker who should be aware of the ASX listing rules regarding Ex Dividend dates, and who will be able to advise specifically the timing requirements regarding purchases/sales in relation to Ex Dividend date. From looking at the information that you have supplied, unfortunately it does appear that you would not be entitled to the dividend, as you made the purchase on the Ex Dividend date.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LSG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.