UML 0.00% 3.3¢ unity mining limited

They aqre looking to issue convertible bonds, also, to the value...

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    They aqre looking to issue convertible bonds, also, to the value of $35m. This company is not poor. From the most recent ANN on cash:

http://liongoldcorp.listedcompany.com/newsroom/20140212_193531_A78_F7D0B1DCAF79829048257C7D0037806B.1.pdf

"The Group maintains sufficient cash and cash equivalents of S$35.8 million as of 31 December 2013."

They should just pay up, independent of current capital raising activities. Noble was ready to bankrupt Tinkler for reneging on a placement promise, ultimately getting cash from Tinkler, and with him getting no shares- not a bad outcome for Blackwood. I know UML is not Noble, but companies can't just promise deals and then fail them.

Let's face it, UML is almost "worthless" in terms of share price/market cap- perhaps overdone? No debt, some cash, operations uncertain, but priced like gold is $1100-$1200, not $1300+. I recall when LG was taking over every dodgy gold company it could find- some out of bankruptcy. Surely UML is better than that. A hope could be that MOL could take over UML for cash (or even MOL shares although in suspension?), because either would be a better outcome than getting LG scrip- mostly because it is not on the ASX, but otherwise because it is a most unusual prospect for investors.

I often compare UML with MOY, but the reality is that MOY is in $40m debt, and its low market cap reflects that. No debt for UML reflects hope. One would have to think UML is very close to bottoming.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.