MEL 0.00% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

"What's in the pipeline matters nought from an environmental...

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    "What's in the pipeline matters nought from an environmental perspective."

Hi PD,

That is quite correct.

But, what we have to consider, is that at some stage or another ALL PIPELINES, due to any unforseen circumstances, or just due to natural wear and tear, will spring a leak. And that, is when it becomes important in for what they are carrying.

I have been told, and I vaguely remember reading something about it in the local rag, that, not so long ago, the gas pipeline from out West to Tamworth sprang a leak, and it took weeks to get it repaired. I believe APA is the owner of the pipeline because they have a depot in the region.

Besides, the soil structures have a lot to do with the stabilty of the soil itself when it has been disturbed in any ways or form.

Take for instance granite types soils. If you are to ryde a motorbike and do some wheelies and damaged the topsoil, especially if the ground is not even, you'd soon find out that you would have started an erosion problem there. What keeps these soils together are the top soils and the grasses upon it. I should know I own some of that Country myself in one of my properties, and I refuse to allow bikers on that property just for that reason alone. Then, if you are to run some barbed wires for a new fence, don't ever try to pull while running the wire along the grass from a fixed supply source, but lay the wire as you are driving along. If not you'd soon have a 6 inch deep erosion there at the first shower of rain.

As for the black soils, IMO they are a very unstable type of soils at the best of times, and with plenty of movements within itself. The disturbances of that soil could also create big erosions problems as well. Especially if something has been done in a low soil depression or a gully, where any water running on the top of it could soon start a huge gully and consequent erosion problems. I am talking about the black soils in the Liverpool plains here because, that is what I can only comment upon.
    None of my lands are within the black soils areas, but I live not that far from there, I also have some very good acquaintances there, and visit the area frequently.

With that, I am not saying nor insinuating, that I am against any pipelines being installed anywhere, as no one should stop progress from proceeding.
    I am only trying to outline that when a pipeline is to be installed some proper research and good judgment should be applied before starting to dig away. For, when some damage has been done, it can, at times, become nearly impossible and very costly to repair.

As they say, there are Horses for courses my friend.

Regards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.790M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 24251602 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 6069159 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.