A40 0.00% 8.2¢ alita resources limited

LIQUIDATION & BALD HILL FOR SALE, page-1309

1. 4,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3967
    Being Canadian would present no problems for Cannacord to have put together their own deal/transaction. Anything Russian or Chinese-backed will not get past FIRB now obviously but, anything Australian/Canadian/US or even Chilean is fine with FIRB, although the Federal Treasurer also has a discretionary oversight to over-rule FIRB.

Looks like Chis Ellison MIN are going to achieve an absolute bank robbery here, fortunately, I'm also a holder in MIN so if they essentially get Bald Hill for free, then its going to be MIN shareholders who realize the value of this in the end. This is going to be one of the most studied IERs out there so it will be interesting what the outcome of that is although you sort of get the feeling that the deals have all been done behind closed doors and the IER report could be a moot point.

As others have mentioned - due to the corporate structure and the Austroid arrangement there isn't much profit to be reported to the Federal ATO so not a big tax liability. I'm surprised the Office of State Revenue in WA sat idly by and watched this transfer pricing of the Spod concentrate go off to China without any state-based royalties action though, usually, State Governments are notorious for pursuing any attempt at avoiding state taxes and royalties....

A damning indictment of the lack of regulatory oversight on the ASX, and extremely dodgy actions from the administrators and receivers. Also laughable that Singapore investors get better regulatory oversight and more transparency in these sorts of events than Australian-domiciled investors.

Got to hand it to the Chinese though, they manufactured a Spod price crash, sent a producer into administration, led the regulators on a merry dance, and sidestepped FIRB for years, while they extracted the resource out of the ground without paying any corporate tax or state royalties, and then got to walk away with a cash payment plus the Spod already shipped to China, and leave disenfranchised A40 shareholders with nothing but a tax liability, and MIN get a bargain 3rd Mine Operation for almost nothing in the middle of a Li boom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A40 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.