A40 0.00% 8.2¢ alita resources limited

LIQUIDATION & BALD HILL FOR SALE, page-1611

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    For the year ended June 30 2022 and June 30 2023 combined, Mineral Resources' total income tax expense was an accumulated amount of $254.4 million though it is noted total amount tax paid (as per Cash Flow Statement) was $445.4 million.

The tax expense (tax paid) was based on revenue of $8,197.1 million. And earnings before tax of $849.5 million.

It intrigues me how Alita owes ATO just as much when over same period it was not earning billions and net income was likely a loss, yet it owes just as much in tax as MinRes when MinRes a company earning billions in revenue and hundreds of millions in profit before tax.

I realize it not necessarily like comparing apples to apples on the two companies (as one was running full operations and other under administration) but makes one wonder precisely how ATO came up with their figure.

Be nice to know. If anyone can explain it would appreciate it as I am beat at moment on how getting such numbers (lack of transparency on Alita of course but still lot of holes).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A40 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.