LIT 4.55% 2.1¢ lithium australia limited

@surfarosa. Firstly, I would be rich if I could predict...

1. 828 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    @surfarosa. Firstly, I would be rich if I could predict everything correctly. The answer is like asking: how long is a piece of string ?

Ideally, I do not wish to make long term predictions, especially with LIMITED IMFORMATION. But since you asked, have read below ON CONDITION that I'm NOT QUOTED on these general statements. Sorry it is a bit long, and written as thoughts came to mind.

Outlook could change with some announcements in 2018/2019. LIT is a different company to LPD.

A SiLeach large scale pilot plant to be announced soon and built in 2018/2019. It would be operating about similar output to LPD's LMax plant (providing both plants are operating efficiently/optimised). Pilot plants are usually built in modular form and can be expanded (expect the same to apply to LPD), hopefully to 20,000 - 25,000 tpa by 2020. Other LIT projects and agreements with SiLeach may move forward in this time.

Several other resources miners may wish to invest in SiLeach processing to lower operating costs. LIT/JV may also be able to develop one or two LMax plants (as per licence agreements - if they proceed, to keep critics happy).

Also, there is scope to have the graphite/graphene (BEM investment), cathode and recycling business, and possibly more battery manufacturing involvement well developed by 2020/21. This part of LIT's portfolio is greatly undervalued IMO.

Several resources are to be developed by about 2020/21. The German Tin/Lithium projects look well placed to proceed (drilling results due soon), as the area across central Europe is basically a big lithium deposit with good by product credits. However, some resources or parts of the business could be sold if there is a good offer. This is common practice in the mining industry. Thus it could provide an opportunity to expand other areas of growth. The revenue from several licencing agreements would improve revenue outlook.

However, there are also other factors to consider like large investors, mergers, friendly takeovers, new licencing deals and possibly a greater focus on value adding. Anything is possible over the longer term, especially if good technology and resources are developed.

The market seeks diversified supplies. I expect lithium prices to be lower by 2022 to 2025 due to improved supplies from new low cost producers, such as from Russia, Turkey, Iran and central Asia. Thus, lower cost of production offered by SiLeach and LMax are important to miners. The improvements in graphene membrane technology could make it easier to filter lithium and other minerals from sea water and saline ground water, or processing. Maybe LIT's investment in graphite via BEM may benefit.

And, Yes LPD is progressing well with a resource it can say shall contribute testing up the LMax plant. And, Yes LIT investors want to know what resource is going to feed the SiLeach pilot plant. Maybe it is at Lake Johnson JV, Port Headland/PLS JV, Germany, Canada or Mexico, ? The answer is to be announced shortly.

Then there is also the possibility that a big resource deposit of gold or other metal by-products is discovered. SiLeach can be applied to gold extraction. Sometimes the best ones are discovered when not expected!
    Last edited by billijo: 31/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.