"While we were waiting btc dominance Mc has dropped from 90% to...

1. 898 Posts.
    "While we were waiting btc dominance Mc has dropped from 90% to 40%."

Please read my previous post as to why Market Cap is a useless metric.

"Sitting around for years"

Bitcoin has continually been developed to the point where the vast majority of the code has been rewritten. Node software now handles the network extremely more efficiently than before. I wouldn't call this sitting around.

"for the blocks to be full was madness."

Please see my previous post as to why blocks have to be full and a fee market needs to develop. Already, this has resulted in big bloat companies like Coinbase to invest technologies which reduce their bloat on the network.

"I suggest you read the first 30 words of the bitcoin white paper again."

I've read the White paper many times. However, the White paper is a philosophical document of how the goal will be implemented. It is not intended to give you the greater context as to why something was implemented. This is an important distinction. You wouldn't look to somebody's house blueprints to answer the question 'Why did you build the house?'. This is would be silly.

This is why White papers are updated every few years, and the Bitcoin White paper is long overdue. Just like how the ADF releases a new White paper every few years, because the 'how' keeps evolving, but the 'why' does not.

If I were to read the un-amended version of the Defence Act 1903, which can be largely considered to cover the purpose of the Defence White paper, prior to it's existence, however inadequately, it would be found that the modern ADF follows hardly any of this document and the modern ADF resembles very little of its instruction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.