FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Lithium articles

1. 686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1019
    Did not want to post non chart related stuff in the BGS Chart thread so started this one. Read a lot of good lithium articles on the BGS threads, wondering maybe this would be a good place to stick new ones? Anyway, this one caught my eye:

https://www.pv-magazine-australia.c...grids-to-become-a-huge-energy-storage-market/

Key points from the article:

New investments from companies such as Shell, Engie, Mitsui, Total, and Caterpillar will boost the energy storage market in the rural electrification segment to up to 50 MWh annually – in the long-term, 1 GWh per year will be possible.

In many cases, only capital constraints make private mini-grid developers opt for low CAPEX lead-acid batteries. Most of the mini-grid developers interviewed expect to pursue the technology shift within the next two years.

Other energy storage technologies such as flow-batteries so far do not play an important role in this segment.

Amongst the main markets for energy storage solutions in the mini-grid segment are India, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Mali, Ghana, Indonesia, Bangladesh, the Philippines, and Haiti.

Basically, I reckon lithium-ion tech in energy storage is vastly underrated. As stated in the article, although flow/vanadium batteries could be better for this in the long run, they still have a while to go before they can beat the lithium-ion cost curve due to economies of scale.

What's more, this type of setup will be in high demand for rural economies such as Mali. Within the next two years? Bright future here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.