AGY 2.17% 9.0¢ argosy minerals limited

I choose to take my lead on the lithium sector from recognised...

1. 1,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3037
    I choose to take my lead on the lithium sector from recognised experts and analysts, such as this example, as opposed to anonymous HC posters....  and then I'm happy to share any research I've come across and allow the reader to decide it's relevance to their research and investment strategy

Matermines Article 30 May 2019
    In this article we discuss some of the current issues that we think so many investors and industry leaders are yet to fully comprehend....

https://mastermines.global/articles/lithium-eye-of-the-storm-for-investment/

A few key highlights:
    - Diesel is dead

- Hybrid is dead

- A growing group of consumers want to take charge of their energy consumption - and are embracing new energy.

- A changing auto industry
    "So, while a few short-sighted analysts called a simplistic oversupply what was really happening simultaneously is that VW group and others, finally bit the bullet and started the process in earnest."

- It's not just about EV's
    "Battery storage both at domestic and grid scale has been little more than an experiment to date. Wang Wei of CATL recently described battery storage over the past few years as being more at a demonstration application stage, and he should know. The world market is simply huge. Probably beyond what we can currently imagine and it’s likely going to have the same disruptive momentum as EV’s."

- Not just another Mineral or Metal
    "For the investor there is still a relatively small group that gets the big picture. The wider investment community doesn’t get it all."
    "Let’s suppose that we knew iron ore usage would grow by 30% or even just 10% per annum and compound over the next decade. What would happen to iron ore stocks? This is not about this year. This is about the next decade. Wesfarmers did not look to invest in lithium for this year, or even next. This is about to become a firestorm in my opinion, and we see the storm as likely to really gain momentum in Q4."

- Bottle neck or Oversupply?
    "This is not a new energy oversupply. It’s a temporary oversupply of lithium. It’s not a lack of demand, rather bottlenecks in the supply chain. A lack of lithium processing capacity. A lack of high-quality batteries. A lack of manufacturing and development capacity by big auto."

- Hurricane or Tornado?
    "The overall build-up of new energy could be described as a hurricane about to hit. We have the heavy rain but the real storm is menacing and we consider it a time to batten down the hatches."
    "A key difference for lithium is the Tornado in the room. A takeover or major alliance could happen at any time and that’s what we’re really looking for. The icing on the cake. Never did I expect to be able to buy again at current lows, and we continue to buy."

As a bit of a side joke on my part for the GOT fans out there ....  "Winter is coming!!"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.0¢
Change
-0.002(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $131.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.4¢ 8.4¢ $456.7K 5.141M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 213228 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.2¢ 51482 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.