ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

lithium boom expectations

1. 4,601 Posts.
    All booms go through stages, but first we really need to work out if Lithium is all just speculative hype or is it the real boom commodity for the next ten years.

I am putting on my scientific hat.

The world is moving towards electric vehicles at a fairly good pace, but the biggest bug for electric vehicles has been range, old ev batteries were lead acid and the weight is horrendous and greatly limits the range of the vehicle. Along comes Lithium, compare the weight of a stack of equal size camera or phone batteries to one lead acid car battery, the weight difference is staggering. Lithium is so much lighter with greater energy density.

It is a no brainer.

We have not even started the main phase of the lithium bull run, this is going to be the talk of the town, most people who have not done their research think it is a fad, just like the iron ore boom and it will die off.
    Yes these people have not done their research, i will tell you now that this is not going to die off but it is going to grow and get bigger and bigger, i follow technological trends, i have an engineering background in power electronics, i know the industry and everything is switching to lithium technology for the benefits of the light weight and energy density.

There will be huge demand, and remember that lithium batteries need to be replaced as they wear out, just look at how many mobile phone and laptop batteries need to be replaced, the market is huge, but instead of everyone needing a few grams of lithium in their portable devices they will need 200 kilograms in their ev, 50 kilograms in home storage, now can you grasp how big the market is? Lithium is the new oil boom of the 1920's.
    Last edited by pallister: 03/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.