I think you need to move away from this hard rock vs. brine...

1. 6,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2861
    I think you need to move away from this hard rock vs. brine comparison. It's not healthily nor does it mean anything.
    What's better Gold or Platinum. I don't care...as long as I can make money from the stocks I invest in.

It needs to be about Lithium and who starts to actually sell it first.
    You're right about the fluff in the market. There are companies out there that have slapped "Lithium" on the front door and they themselves know they'll never even explore, let alone sell a bag of Li.
    There's 1 stock out there up alot...saying they've found a lot of Li. Yet, these 2 geo's have hardly any exp. Just because it's up a lot doesn't mean there's lots of Li or they'll even be able to mine it in the next 4 years. Just because a stock is up alot doesn't mean it's a good investment or company.

Also, where is this list you you are talking about?
    Do you have a excel online somewhere? I'd like to look at it...can you post a URL/LINK?

As for what I said, it's not about what kind of Li is better or more profitable.
    Both GXY and AGY have Hard rock and Brine projects. If you MUST compare things you might want to compare the companies involved in the different metals. Cobalt and Graphite?

Recapping...the WINNERS in the Lithium battery area over the next 12-24 months will be the stocks that are selling Li today or will be selling Li in the next 12-24 months. Anyone can spend 100k for rights and or show Li samples. Actually, getting a experience management team, the funding and actually start MINING lithium is the only thing that should matter to any investor. It's not easy to get to Li production. Companies that actually do it WILL be rewarded. I believe Li investors are now more advanced and if they invest in a Lithium play...will want Li sales at some point in the NEAR future.

This list isn't complete but the only stocks I see as serious Li players (taking the above into account) are the following...

ASX Lithium Stocks that will be selling Li in the next 12 month or begin FULL scale mining are...

ORE -currently selling Li
    GXY -currently selling Li
    PLS -starting mining OPS '17-18
    AJM -starting mining OPS '17-18
    AGY - Will have LCE sales in 10 months.

MIN, NMT and EMH are serious players involved different ways.

There are lots of other interesting Li plays that could be great performers but, they don't look to begin selling Lithium or actual mining in the next 12-24 months. Looking/drilling for Li or saying you have lots of Li land doesn't really mean much anymore.

IMO...DYOR!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.