PLS 6.74% $2.85 pilbara minerals limited

Why Subaru is Happy to be Last in the Electric Race. Source:...

1. 11,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2106
    Why Subaru is Happy to be Last in the Electric Race. Source: Bloomberg 6/6/2018
    The gist of the above article points to a cunning strategy by Subaru and Mazda. Towit, why spend billions on electric car R&D when you can let your competitors do it for you before you commit. A Machiavellian move reminiscent of the time my wife insisted I eat the perceived, risky food at a truck stop before she would indulge. In the meantime they shut the kitchen and she was left to go hungry while I patted my stomach and burped with no ill effects.

A dangerous gamble by Subaru and Mazda, given R&D by its competitors will be closely held and they risk the lag-time of catching up. Also, not a good look for Subaru's environmentally conscious demographic of traditional buyers. Clearly, there are going to be winners and losers in the EV race for dominance, and given there are already more than 200 electric cars to choose from, some may go hungry. Sometimes you just have to risk the food on offer. Especially when you've already chatted up the pretty cook on the way to the loo and determined that the grub is fresh and the fully electric kitchen is clean as a whistle . Proverb being - you can lead a horse to good water, but...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.85
Change
0.180(6.74%)
Mkt cap ! $8.642B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.76 $2.88 $2.74 $49.46M 17.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 189114 $2.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.86 164055 56
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.53am 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.