PLS 3.17% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

Lithium Demand surge, page-1475

1. 330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I don't put a lot of stock (pardon the pun) on the short sales issue as I think it is normal SP process/behaviour (and not terribly relevant in the long term view) and is certainly mainstream in the FX market and so (maybe) in the stock market.
    Having said that, I would like to ask a question that may have an impact on how we are viewing the current activity, and perhaps the more informed amongst us can answer this for me.
    We see a lot of posts re the volume of Short Sales but it occurs to me that perhaps these numbers MIGHT include both the sale and recover phases of short selling. If I buy back (recover) my short sales volume, is that considered part of the short sales volume?
    The reason I ask is that it may paint a different picture, both as the SP rises in the near future and in analysing current transaction volumes.
    It may paint a slightly different picture of current activity as it seems to me that a lot of the 'short selling' may actually be a party buying and selling to/from itself to create perception and volume but not actually changing the beneficial ownership of the shares in question (accepting that some/most are actually borrowed/leased anyway).
    I acknowledge the XT (cross trade) code flags some of this but perhaps differing company divisions may not be seen as cross trading with different ABN/ACN numbers in play.
    Thoughts? Advice?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.05
Change
-0.100(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.185B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.15 $3.02 $74.55M 24.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 89482 $3.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.05 37502 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.