PLS 3.02% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

1 in 5 cars mandated to be electric, Have you a link for that,...

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    1 in 5 cars mandated to be electric, Have you a link for that, first I’ve ever heard?

There is a lot of misconception about the policies that are being implemented.
    Let me spell it out as well as I can in regards to the much talked about policies starting next year.

Auto manufacturers who produce/import over 30,000 non- NEVs passenger cars a year will Be required to earn NEV credits equal to a set percentage of production which is 10% for 2019 and 12% for 2020. This doesn’t mean a percentage of sales, the credits will vary depending on the type of NEV vehicle;

- Each plug in hybrid will generate two credits.

- Each pure electric will generate credits dependant on range, that’s why high range batteries are now the push

- Credits for fuel cell cars depend on the rated power of fuel cell system (Toyota still backing these)

So for example if a company produced 100,000 vehicles non NEVs.
    They need 10% of this, 10k worth of NEV credits in 2019.
    They could get this by selling 5k hybrids at 2 credits per hybrid vehicle and might only need to sell 3k full electric vehicle to offset the ICE sales. So not 10% of sales but could be only 2-5%, There is guidance on the battery sizes but don’t remember all the data.

A company generates surplus and deficit NEV credits dependant on these factors.
    There are ways that surplus credits can be used such as selling them to other companies who have a shortfall which gives incentive to increase EV sales or in the case of Tesla would be very beneficial who would clock up lots of credits but it’s not mandatory. Guess it comes down to where the profit margins are highest. I don’t know what penalties there are if they don’t meet the quotas, I think it has something to do with the fuel consumption/emissions of the vehicles produced which can also be offset with NEV credits. It’s not just a straightforward system that 10% of sales must be NEVs.

India is nowhere close. They are renewable crazy but not battery crazy right now.
    They are at least 5 years behind where China are today imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
0.090(3.02%)
Mkt cap ! $9.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.05 $3.09 $3.02 $74.82M 24.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 750 $3.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.