PLS 0.25% $4.06 pilbara minerals limited

I hold comments made from Mastermines in the highest esteem....

1. 637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    I hold comments made from Mastermines in the highest esteem.
    This morning Masterminds (DG) tweeted a link to the following article :

The lithium-ion battery boom and its impact on raw material markets

Metal Bulletin (like Benchmark) research and provide pricing for metal products including Lithium, cobalt, vanadium etc. I read the same article linked to yesterday on their own website and I did find it somewhat disturbing, particularly the following paragraph :

"Metal Bulletin Research’s forecast is for prices to continue to trend lower in the months and quarters ahead while production increases weigh on sentiment and availability increases. For basis quarterly average prices, we forecast the spot price of lithium carbonate, ex-works China, to fall to a low of 70,000 yuan per tonne in the fourth quarter of 2019, with cif China, Japan and South Korea falling to $13 per kg. For Metal Bulletin’s benchmark cobalt price, we forecast an average quarterly low of $33.50 per lb in the fourth quarter of next year."

The following is a 'tweeting' conversation between DG and myself :

Tweet.GIF

I am fully aware that the end product referred to is not to the same quality that PLS (and a few others) will provide. My thinking to prepare for further share price weakness is based on the current ongoing sentiment weakness (but till qtr end 2019 ???? - unlikely), with all types of Lithium output tarnished by the plentiful, lower quality stuff - hence the oversupply concerns which cannot be shaken off till... I don't know when.

Of course I have to stress this is my own opinion.

I won't be selling any PLS shares as I feel they will outperform the majority, but as I think we are all aware by now, can be caught up in the overall market sentiment. I will in fact be looking to add on what one would consider even more 'ridiculous' prices should they arise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.06
Change
-0.010(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $12.21B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.06 $4.07 $3.96 $64.36M 15.96M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1404 $4.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.06 3400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.05
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.05 $4.07 $3.96 4355959
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.