PLS 13.1% $2.67 pilbara minerals limited

Hey Barg, in addition to lack of patience, fear seems to be one...

1. 8,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436
    Hey Barg, in addition to lack of patience, fear seems to be one of the key factors influencing the sp movements atm, and thus, some peeps are seeking definitive answers to what is going to happen with the sp short term, which as you know too well, is impossible. I'm not sure who said it, but I do recall some dude much smarter than me, saying - the share market transfers wealth from the impatient to the patient - so few words to put it all into perspective.

With regards to the potential changes to Chile and Congo tax regime, I believe you would have already guessed the context of my reply, given we are both on the same page with regards to strategy. Nonetheless, the price of commodities are based on supply/demand fundamentals, and while it would be nice for miners to have the ability to pass on extra imput costs (taxes in this case) to customers, my view is that cost would need to be absorbed by the miner (tough luck) the customer would say, its not our fault you chose to operate in that jurisdiction.

So on that basis, economies of scale come into play, where quality and size of deposit will be even more important for survival, but ultimately impacting margins and therefore bottom line of those businesses operating in said jurisdictions. Which as you would realise, leads to the funded or the dead scenario, becuase those projects that have not yet secured finance will find it a whole lot harder to do so assuming additional taxes are legislated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.67
Change
0.310(13.1%)
Mkt cap ! $8.040B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.55 $2.77 $2.53 $172.5M 64.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 295865 $2.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.67 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.