PLS 0.70% $2.83 pilbara minerals limited

Here's some good morning coffee news:oops::) Iconic car brands...

1. 11,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2109
    Here's some good morning coffee news

Iconic car brands including Nissan, Toyota, Mazda and Honda are about to abandon making all their diesel powered cars in the EU (European Union) to comply with emission controls, which come into force in 2020. Instead, they will concentrate on producing ELECTIC vehicles (including trucks) to fill the void.

My take: Initially, from 2020, EU car owners (that's most of Europe) will have a choice between electric and petrol powered vehicles. But that won't last long. Why? Because the petrol-heads will be mocked and shamed by electric drivers who will quickly be able to demonstrate, not only the superior performance of their EVs (average acceleration of circa 100kmph in 4.7seconds), they will also be extolling the virtues of greatly reduced running costs and their contribution to the environment. Also, companies that supply cars to their employees will undoubtedly be attracted to the bottom dollar cost savings and enhance company image. So petrol cars will die a natural death, leaving electric vehicles to dominate the roads.

With China, Europe and the Nordic countries all but converted to electric vehicles by circa 2025, and having proved the technologies superiority, the rest of the world will quickly follow. And not necessarily by voluntary means. They, including backward Australia, will have EV's forced upon them/us by virtue of the fact that most or all car manufacturers will only be producing electric vehicles.

That said, EV's are only one segment of battery demand equation. So, if you think the price of lithium is high now, then you haven't seen anything yet! And by extension, the same can be said of the PLS share price. You ain't seen noth' yet.

As Dame Edna Everage is often heard to say - "I thing I feel a song coming on, Possums"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.83
Change
-0.020(0.70%)
Mkt cap ! $8.476B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.83 $2.92 $2.81 $30.99M 10.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 29105 $3.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.55 113871 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.