PLS 0.25% $4.07 pilbara minerals limited

Lithium Demand surge, page-7

1. 289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Future LITH demand will be HIGHER always. Time goes on will tend to have unexpected positive more frequent than any negative.

More demand? Yes I'm sure there will be.Not any more demand, less demand, a reduction in demand going forwards? Yeah right like as if I believe that.

As scales of economy increase more capital is invested in battery factories, new uses will be found for the deployment of batteries that were previously not used because to uncommon, obscure, expensive, unsual.

Look, a crappy 16bit microcomputer CPU used to cost $2000, it was a privilege to have one you'd be one of the only in the neighborhood.

It was hard work to get one unless you want to pay heaps more you had to assemble it yourself from parts kits.
    But now CPU are cheap and common.

Most people made do without. TV programs using card cutouts and transparencies projected on a lighttable instead of videosynced computer overlay because they didn't have the money for expensive digitization.

Nowadays stupid watches have CPU in them just for the slight novelty of wrist-apps in case that helps pique consumer interest to get some extra sales just to sell more watches.

Fridges have CPU in them why? no one knows. Something about a computer screen to show you stuff, no consumer demand, no real purpose, but its just thrown in there anyway in case it makes it 10% more popular to be bought versus competing brands

like why buy this normal fridge, when this other fridge is the same price and ALSO has the internet! I mean I wont use the internet but clearly we should buy this model fridge because why not?

So what less than 20 years ago was rare&expensive now is common dirt. Thrown on everything in the vain hope that it makes it sell a few more.

The difference then and now? Decades of investment in capital to manufacturing. CPU are made from silicon, not an expensive material.

Now they all going big on manufacturing capacity for batteries. The same thing will happen.

Things that would sensibly be plugged into the power WILL ALSO have a lithium battery embedded in them because why the heck not? It's just a lithium battery they are mass manufactured they are cheap and ubiquitous, besides this way it will keep running even if the user wants to unplug it for awhile and put it next to them for sometime, maybe that will help it sell more.

An internet-connected smart app pedestal fan for $20 from kmart?
    or an internet-connected smart app pedestal fan with built in lithium batteries for $21 from kmart?

that will still keep them cool for 2 hours even after they unplug it move to another room or put on a desk without having to look for an extension lead.

lightbulbs can have batteries built in they can still switch on when someone enters the room if the power goes out

robots that move around like roomba

fridges have batteries in them so food doesn't go bad, more useful that internet in fridges so i bet it will happen.

power boards have inverter and batteries in them, why not batteries are cheap.

You buy $20 power extension board surge protection only
    or $30 power extension board with surge protection, load balancing, and uninterruptible power?

things around the house in the garden have a little solar panel battery they can do their thing automatically without cables or hoses

solar + lithium garden lights.

Solar + lithium + rain water automatic garden sprinkles that don't need pipes running to them plants like rain water better than chlorine / fluoride

security cameras and motion detection lights don't need any cables run to them just drilled in wifi + solar + lithium.

lithium batteries will just get put in more and more things over time so lithium demand will just go up until they are used in things that dont even need them

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.07
Change
0.010(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $12.24B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.96 $4.14 $3.94 $56.44M 13.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 97523 $4.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.08 17432 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.08
  Change
0.010 ( 1.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.95 $4.13 $3.94 4224888
Last updated 15.59pm 01/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.