GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Lithium from clays

1. 102 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    For those interested in the Adding Salt to Clays method Tesla was promoting yesterday, the following research paper from 1985 is probably a good place to start.

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/10663/cdc_10663_DS1.pdf

If you have been watching this industry for many years, as I have, even getting to 99% purity still leaves .9% on the table and getting that last 0.9% is harder (read: costly) still. From this research, the cost of the method seemed uneconomical to 99% then, even with the significantly lower demand on Lithium at that time, let alone now. As even Elon says, simplicity is blood hard, and I proffer that just because Lithium is everywhere (simple), the reason it strongly hangs with other elements is exactly what makes it hard, no matter where we find it.

While I welcome all that Elon does and would be most happy for him to succeed in sourcing the needed materials to transform our society to clean energy sooner, I don't see anything but a buying opportunity for Lithium Materials companies off the back of the immediate fear reaction to the thought our current methods are soon to be outdated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.