GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

After long period concentrating on my lithium investments 80+%...

1. 1,455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1257
    After long period concentrating on my lithium investments 80+% GXY I have spent the last week taking a much more broader look around. It was interesting to see that there are a few companies out there that are much closer to construction/production than I initially thought. A couple of these have interesting prospects. I have come away with a good feeling about the sector and think that having a few more come online may actually benefit GXY in the near future. I have had a feeling that the fossil fuel people have been at least a small part of keeping us down. As I have had said before, if we make it big time, funds may be released for some of the juniors to get their deposits up and running. With at least a few Aussie companies looking like they have the funding to come online in 2018, this will take some of the shorter focus off GXY as the there will be other fish for them to fry. As we know there are often issues with the construction and ramp up and the shorters may turn their attention to these new entrants. I imagine the few close to construction/production may see an increase in price, than the shorters may look at having a go there in hope that they have teething issues and maybe even run out of money in the finial stages and need to go back to the market for funds. Since it looks like they will be running close on the funding and have not left much aside for contingencies. I was also surprised by some of the tight timelines that have been suggested, as we know if you over promise and under delivery you are open for the vultures to attack. Anyway it looks like our opposite position of under promising and over delivering may lead to some nice surprises and healthy re-rating especially once the vultures turn their attention elsewhere.

Another thing I noticed from several comments is that the market is looking at our profit margin as a whole and not separating this into MtCattlin profits on one hand and the expense to sure up and deliver our other projects on the other. Maybe we need to highlight the two more deliberately in future announcements and reports.

I also see the potential of a few new suppliers coming online as a positive to the whole EV revolution, as a lack of supply will only decrease the rate of new EV's coming online. We want as many as possible coming out quickly as possible to increase the take up of EV's and the infrastructure that they will require as this will have a run away affect, and hence ensure that the demand stays ahead of the supply for many years to come. A lot of reports have spod prices softening in 3-5 years time. But once we have run away uptake of EV's I am positive that the supply/demand situation will stay in our favour for many more years than that.

Looking at the fact that the hard rock guys are attracting funding more easily at the moment, shows the market is more comfortable with certainty of the hard rock process rather than the difficulties of getting brine right, along with the longer time frames involved. Looking at this makes me pretty happy that we have JB and that it's size looks like increasing into a world class asset. To me this explains the lack of talk about SDV. We really only need SDV to come online when the supply and demand situation becomes tighter and only companies with lower cost can survive the market. Some hard rock guys with a 40 year mine life may only be able to stay viable for then next 10, by this time we will have MC and JB on the down hill run and SDV still ramping up (phase 3 or what ever)to keep us going another 30 years or so.

Just the thoughts of a mug punter. But happy to see that the sector looks alive and well and since we are ahead of the game (constistant grades and constant output) we will only benefit from the sector waking up. Wonder how long it will take for the tipping point of EV over ICE to come. Great things ahead for us and a few good opportunities outside if you pick the right horse. Still think GXY with both hard rock and brine is the best long term opportunity out there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.