AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Lithium is following iron ore cycle, page-8

1. 2,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2102
    wrong assumption 8 horse.
    PLS in particular currently delivering poor quality lithium concentrate. I'd say Ganfeng has put their foot down. Initially they said 1.2% Fe and were delivering 1.8% Fe. Water content too high as well. AJM have been the most honest and they too having trouble with high Fe% and water content on fines is 10%. Nobody, repeat nobody wants that for processing.
    A40 at approx 228t of ore/soil/rock waste to 1t of concentrate is just not feasible. And who knows what quality they deliver. Just remember Wodgina had a 11:1 strip ratio initially till they spent a lot of time and effort to remove the mountain top which then reduced to current 3:1 SR Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 12.31.32 pm.png
    Wodgina Geology
    The pegmatite mined at Mt Cassiterite has the following approximate composition:
    · 50% Albite
    · 20% K-feldspar
    · 15% Spodumene
    · 10% Quartz
    · 5% Muscovite/Sericite/Zinnwaldite

Nearly all Australian lithium deposits suffer from Quartz. PLS has Lepidolite in the northern sector. GXY have had issues with quality the entire time at Mt Cattlin.
    SC6 is not just SC6. All the other impurities factor into this in a major way. Until the industry cleans itself up and ASX insist on better reporting, then this slide will continue. Note: Lithium concentrate, Hydroxide etc prices are all still falling. I've heard several rumours that shipments have just been left on the port side due to converters being unable to process the material. Next issue of quarterlies will unravel a few players for sure!
    Last edited by stakx: 30/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.