GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Lithium news, page-69

1. 2,853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 996
    https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/...lithium-land-sale-to-posco?backToResults=true

Perth-based lithium producer Galaxy Resources has completed the sale of lithium tenements in Argentina to South Korea's Posco for $280mn, most of which will go towards the development of its Sal de Vida lithium brine project.
    Galaxy and Posco completed the transaction on 23 November, giving Posco access to a package of tenements at Salar del Hombre Muerto. This is the biggest price paid in the global lithium industry for tenements, which do not yet contain an independently verified JORC-compliant mineral resource.
    Galaxy is using the proceeds — apart from a deferred settlement amount of $15mn — to advance its Sal de Vida project, estimated to contain proven and probable reserves of 1.14mn t of lithium carbonate equivalent.
    Investment bank J P Morgan Australia is evaluating options for strategic partnerships to develop the Sal de Vida project.
    "The process is now well underway with the company currently negotiating with a short list of potential investors," Galaxy said.
    Galaxy is producing lithium concentrate from the Mt Cattlin mine in Western Australia (WA) and also developing the James Bay hard rock lithium project in Canada.
    US-based lithium and chemicals producer Albemarle last week entered into an exclusive agreement to acquire 50pc of the Wodgina lithium project in WA for around $1.15bn. This is the highest price offered for a stake in a lithium-producing project.
    Posco has an offtake agreement with Pilbara Minerals for output from the still-to-be-built second stage of its Pilgangoora lithium mine in WA, as well as an option for a lithium hydroxide joint venture with Pilbara in South Korea.

It seems that valuation for lithium projects and tenements for corporate transactions are at the highest it has ever been

not advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.