GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I wonder how Sqm will supposedly triple production to keep up...

1. 1,492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 228

I wonder how Sqm will supposedly triple production to keep up with demand by 2025 when they cant even maintain their current level.

SANTIAGO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Chilean miner SQM said on Thursday that delays in a project to boost output of lithium from salt flat Salar de Atacama slashed sales volumes of the ultralight battery metal by 27 percent in the third quarter.

SQM , the world's No. 2 producer of lithium, said the previously announced delays were partly offset by high prices and 25 percent growth in demand in 2018 on sales to producers of electric vehicles.

"These two factors have contributed to market prices remaining high during the third quarter," Chief Executive Officer Patricio de Solminihac said after the company reported that third-quarter profit fell. "It is expected that prices will remain at these levels for the remainder of the year."

Prices so far this year have averaged $16,5000 per tonne, up from $13,500 in 2017, according to the company's earnings statement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.