LKE 1.75% 5.6¢ lake resources n.l.

@SafetySwitch, was there a more balanced part of the broker's...

1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1328
    @SafetySwitch, was there a more balanced part of the broker's comments that you can share? Any price forecast of course needs a proper consideration of both supply and demand. The emphasis of the broker extract seems to be skewed towards one side of the ledger only - lithium output. The acknowledgement about the equally important demand side of the ledger ..."demand is high" is a huge understatement.

My understanding is that for some while demand for lithium will exceed supply given the fast growing EV market and predicted energy storage (aka batteries) needs of the world's population. Barely a week goes by without a major future user increasing their forecast demand expectations.

The $282 million investment by Toyota in Orocobre announced yesterday (at a 17% premium to ORE's 30 day VWAP, a record price) shows the anxiety of major users (with huge negotiating clout) to ensure supply. If Toyota thought lithium output was likely to exceed supply in the near term why put so much money up front, now? That's especially so as, with only 15% of ORE, they can't control its direction. Plus they already have direct equity in the project...

Also, just 3 days ago Ford sharply increased its planned investment in EVs. This was consistent with the plans of the other large automakers, and the increasingly clean-air focussed demands of governments world-wide.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...40-electrified-vehicles-by-2022-idUSKBN1F30YZ.

I think you can relax with your Lake holding. I hope you make a killing!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
-0.001(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $91.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.8¢ 5.5¢ $445.7K 7.890M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 1742192 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 277999 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.5¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 5.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.6¢ 5.8¢ 5.5¢ 3715899
Last updated 15.59pm 18/04/2024 ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.