PLS 2.13% $3.83 pilbara minerals limited

lithium pressure cooker

1. 10,777 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1932
    If ever I've seen a pressure cooker commodity about to explode, its lithium. While the doldrum of the lithium market has persisted over the last two years, several diametrically opposing forces have come in to play. First, for reasons we are all aware of, the slump in lithium prices and the continued stagnation has caused a significant pull back in operating mines activity and subsequent output. Coupled with geopolitical tensions and water availability big producers in Chile and the lack of available finance for explorers worldwide, there is no doubt in my mind that these reductions in supply are very close to meeting an explosion in demand.

Here's why: Over the same two years EVs and battery storage development has continued to build at an eye-opening pace. Gigafactories are continuing to come on-line. Europe's emission laws have tightened, demanding the changeover to EVs. With the exception of Morgan's every vehicle manufacturer, big and small are either churning out EVs, or are on the cusp of - not to mention circa 400 start ups. Utility grid companies all over the world are installing huge lithium batteries with gay abandon. Charging stations are popping up like spring roses. VW has just announced that its throwing in an additional $30 plus billion on top of their already committed $40 plus billion for EVs, and Ford and GMH are not far behind. Short haul electric planes are the new frontier. Suffocating pollution, young Greta and fires in Oz well above the historical 'fire danger index' are driving the narrative to greater heights. And so on, and so on, and so on.

The pressure is building up to one hell of an explosion of lithium demand against a backdrop of near frozen supply. So from my perspective - its all looking sweet in the land of economics 101. Its ALL ABOUT demand and supply.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.83
Change
0.080(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $11.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.90 $3.91 $3.83 $93.71M 24.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 35051 $3.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.84 6400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.84
  Change
0.080 ( 2.50 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.91 $3.92 $3.83 7472288
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.