PLS 2.79% $2.79 pilbara minerals limited

lithium pressure cooker, page-309

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    @dfs1. I am not doubting the efficacy of EVs, on that you are 1M% correct. What you do (conveniently?) miss, is the point I have been making over and over.

The point is: I do not see Lithium being an unreplacable part of the EV story. The new Supercapacitors like the C-ion battery, and similar developments, will probably win the day They owe the technology they use, to the devopment of the Lithium battery. Spherical Carbon (Graphene) for one.

You must be very young to argue differently. Don't they tech history at school any more? Once again. If you look back to 1876, history is littered with the wrecks of companies and technologies, which failed or went broke. The countless trillions of dollars spent have broucht ICE powered vehicles to their present state of (perfection?). So too in another hundred or so years time, the wrecks of various EV companies will be legion. My prediction is that Lithium will be one. I think the minerals called "Rare Earths" will prosper steadily. They are already in use, for EV and other electric motors. My Dash-cam and Digital Speedo, with radar and red-light camera warnings are held on by them. Get youself some Neodymium magnets, you will find them very useful around the house as well.

Now. When you see a posting - read it all - consider it - then post your reply. Do not do as most do on this site. ie. Read one sentence, and post in a red mist, without addressing the subject at all.

My prediction: Lithium will be eventually bypassed in favour of other technologies. EVs will prosper, especially E-Bikes for we old buggers. Even the kids are using E-scooters. Lithium is too inflammable in the event of an accident. Although a Si based electrolyte might solve that problem.

IMHO, but most sincerely....Marum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.