CXO 5.26% 10.0¢ core lithium ltd

Hey Parto.Very very fair question and one which has been driving...

1. 2,171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3765
    Hey Parto.

Very very fair question and one which has been driving me friggin mental the last few weeks because nobody recently has provided an accurate and dated spodumene price in their free recordings.

On the 26th of Feb 2021 Metals Bulletin released the following article which I will leave the title immediately below this line because hyperlinks on hot copper don't work.

GLOBAL LITHIUM WRAP: China’s producers target higher prices in March: Asian seaborne price rise continues

In the table at the bottom, the Spodumene price is listed as between 500-520. This would also agree with what Stephen Biggins said in an interview around that time where he said Spod prices were 500 dollars.

There has been a 13.54% leap in the 30 day price since then which if you use the lower figure of 500 produces a price of 567.7 and the 520 price of 590 USD.

Since then, I've come across a number of news articles which have provided figures from mid Jan-Feb to illustrate the relationship going upwards or articles which have quoted the 500-520 price from said metals bulletin article but myself and BP134P9 have been keeping a close eye on the day to day rises on Asian Metal Markets to manually calculate what the spot price is at the moment using the quoted price and every day there is a movement upward or downward, calculating a new running price.

What BP134P9 have calculated sits somewhere between 568-590 which agrees perfectly with the running 30 day average. My own calculation sits between 580 and 600 (although I am the rosey glasses type) and there was a slight error assumed at the start of our recording experiment where we weren't quite sure how many percent the price had risen since the formal date recordings started so we had to fudge factor it and guess the starting point plus a few percent. Having one extra day where the price was up 1% probably explains my own figure being on the slightly high range but like I said, we had to fudge factor it as the article wasn't available until like a week later for the general public and neither of us had exact records of how many up days and by how much had happened between now and then.

Regarding your own calculations. I can see exactly what your saying and your calculations do in fact add up. So there is some huge disparity here and the reasons why are not clear. In saying that, I am very keen to hear yours and anybody else's opinions on this and if ANYBODY has access to live pricing for Spodumene through Metals Bulletin/Fast Markets or Asian Metal Markets I would call on you to post a screenshot of the current live price to settle the matter and allow us to all properly recalibrate.

Finding an accurate recent spod price in the free correspondence recently has been like finding a needle in a haystack.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.005(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $213.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 10.5¢ 9.8¢ $1.361M 13.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 91988 9.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 118227 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.