AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

The ability to short only come with access to shares, the banks...

1. 1,531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    The ability to short only come with access to shares, the banks picked up a hoard and almost cleaned me out last time around pre 2020 . A short position is only profitable if they cover at a price below the sell. Why are the hedge funds struggling? They have tried 3 times this year on battery related resource miners, this time, like the last 2 times I don't see anyone listening or selling, day trader and margin borrowers the exceptions. My small group of active investors is topping up. In 12 months it will be Goldman who? and credit suicide if it isn't already.

I think there should be some sort of rule for superannuation companies about lending out the shares that you own in super.
    Super funds lend your ASX300 stocks out to the hedge funds for a percentage return at some future date. There is no rule against this. It actually means if any of your super is invested in the ASX you are directly responsible for the hedge funds shorting LOL. I used to stick my super shares on the sell side so they couldn't short mine but now they limit the sell to a few percentage points above current price and you can get caught.
    I think super companies should have a register with a tick box when you choose your investment strategy.

Shares to be held in my account at all times. Tick
    Shares can be traded. Negatory

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.