LTR 2.89% $1.25 liontown resources limited

hi @vmp, yes who knows but I would make the following...

1. 1,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3158
    hi @vmp, yes who knows but I would make the following observations:

1. It makes sense for Chile to try and become the Saudi Arabia of brine and try and control it and its price, and that may be their plan and to bring SQM and ALB to heel. I noted the recent post by @anatol explaining the finer details of the ALB dilemma. The prospect of an earlier intervention by Chile must be on the cards.
    2. On the other hand nationalisation of resources never works and private control is always more efficient if tightly controlled as the wily Saudis and Chinese have worked out. I personally have doubts that Chile will ever be able to emulate that and without a motivated private enterprise doing this it will be another Chilean and dare I say South American financial disaster.
    3. If I was ALB and SQM I would negotiate a completely different arrangement with Chile and cut them in more but perhaps SQM and ALB are too arrogant or stupid to do that or perhaps there is too much bad history there as @anatol has pointed out.
    4. In any event the clear focus of our management of such a wonderful hard rock resource in the best mining jurisdiction stands out like a beacon. While I truly want LTR to stay independent, suitors must be circling. Rio and BHP and the shorters must be kicking themselves, perhaps WES sees an opportunity. All we can do is wait and see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
0.035(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $3.018B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 $21.96M 17.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114000 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 31956 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
0.035 ( 3.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 3410641
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.