LTR 1.58% 96.5¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-16873

1. 5,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20440

@cash hound
    thanks for that tweet. It's really funny to read stupidity stories of those giant companies. I can only read the first lines of that article (as it's a paid one) but it tells the whole story I guess.

"When General Motors began outlining plans in 2020 to fully switch to electric vehicles, it didn’t account for one critical factor: Many of the battery minerals needed to fulfill its plans were still in the ground.“I remember seeing a report from our raw-materials team at the time saying, ‘There is plenty of lithium out there. There is plenty of nickel’,” said Sham Kunjur, an industrial engineer now in charge of securing the raw materials for GM’s batteries. 'We will buy them from the open market'.

Then they were sleeping. But that was not a long time ago.
    In 2020, they were still sleeping.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5275/5275264-379c64c59ab5d5e71e6a0c83bccb7213.jpg

What we were doing at that time was LTR was drilling and braking the grounds of Kathleen Valley.

And, we were thinking the opposite, even a year before they made those stupid statements...

We were making a lots of research, analysis, identifying all the resources in the world, and discussing them all here on our threads.

Therefore guys,.. I'm sure we are still far ahead of those giant company researchers and analysts, and have more knowledge of lithium supply chain than they have.

Now, look at the difference with our knowledge and their knowledge by just reading what I was writing here my post #: 38466553 on May 8, 2019. My post might be a year before when GM's Sham Kunjur made that statement. He is in charge of securing the raw materials for GM’s batteries now.

Here is my post below: post # 38466553 on May 8, 2019.

LTR was only 4.9c at the time of this post.

(On the resource graphic there I was speculating that KV would be 50mt and Buldania would be 90mt when KV had only 21mt and Buldania had no defined JORC resource).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said on the other thread we are at the beginning of an industrial revolution atm. It's about a disruptive EV technology which needs very precise forecasting.

Even Roskill changed their forecasts about EVs a few times in last few years. It needs a very deep knowledge of a few sectors; electric vehicles and technologies, batteries and technologies and of course most importantly lithium resources sector and exploration/development project and their activities.

The lack of knowledge in one those sectors is resulting in wrong investment decisions.

I am reading a lot about EVs and battery technologies, following so many news. Even trying to understand what comes next in a few years;

• how long the Li-Ion tech will last?
    • how fast is going to be the grow of EV sales?
    • is cobalt usage going to die or increase?
    • what is going to happen to the unsafe state of the Li-Ion batteries?

(And this one is important)
    • is the next thing will be the Lithium Metal anode batteries instead of graphite anode batteries of today? If this happens the world will need more lithium then.

(Lithium Metal anode battery is being dearer but much safer and gives 70%+ more power, because the Nickel in the cathode makes the battery unsafe and needs to be cobalt included in it for making it safer. But cobalt is hard to find outside of DRC).

The options are endless. But the industry will determine what materials are going to be used. So while I am making investment in lithium I am trying to understand the demand it will receive.

My decision is lithium is the only metal which the industry can't give up. So it's demand will increase substantially.

My other theory is this; The automotive companies must directly secure the lithium supply from the resources.

Otherwise they will be in big trouble. (I made posts about this on twitter long time ago). Therefore they are on the way to come to Australia for securing their battery supplies.

I mean there are so many auto manufacturers in the world, Just imagine;

Japanese ones, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda,
    Chinese ones; xxx, xxx, xxx, lots of them
    US ones; GM, Chrysler, Ford
    European ones; Mercedes, BMW, VW Group, Renault, Fiat, UK cars,
    etc. etc

A huge market.

Where they can get their lithium supplies?
    Hard rock spodumene based lithium?

Where is it?

There is no one.
    (There is other ones in Africa but they are hopeless as we can see from their market caps)

There are only four big ones in Australia. Here they are, on the graphic.

There is a big gap between those big ones and other small ones.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5275/5275276-fdd61a2a71ed6754337e8d9c52e8aa7f.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
96.5¢
Change
0.015(1.58%)
Mkt cap ! $2.340B
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ 99.0¢ 94.0¢ $11.79M 12.23M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 185346 96.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.0¢ 190606 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.