LTR 0.60% 84.0¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-17939

1. 4 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I agree with much that has been said about the proposed changes to super - specifically, constantly changing the super rules leads to no confidence in the super system, especially for younger people. Taxing unrealised capital gains - doesn't happen anywhere else and can lead to unfair situations.

However, I actually think the tax system needs to be fair and at the moment there are significant tax benefits for a small percentage of taxpayers. Is it fair for our children (and grandchildren) to shoulder the tax burden while us retirees or people with large super balances get such wonderful tax benefits?

And yes, I paid taxes all my life, and would not be in the position where I was able to retire before 60 and have more than 3 million in super (mostly represented by unrealised gains on LTR), without having found LTR when it was only 3 cents. My average buy in is still only 17 cents.

So I am perfectly content to sell down LTR prior to July 2025 and withdraw from super to keep under 3 million. I still have the option to rebuy LTR in my personal name, with the cost base being the market value at that time. Any future capital gains will be discounted by 50%. I acknowledge that I am very fortunate in that my entire super balance is in pension phase, so I will not pay any CGT on the sale of the shares in my superfund. This makes me feel a bit guilty, but hey, I didn't make the rules.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.