LTR 5.00% 94.5¢ liontown resources limited

"Away on the Gold Coast at the moment clearing the head."Hey...

1. 355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 751
    Away on the Gold Coast at the moment clearing the head.

I read an interesting opinion piece in the AFR which I thought was on point and I'll summarise below. Apologies if already posted and discussed.

The article suggests Rinehart's purchase of LTR is a blocking stake which and will give her negotiating power.

The article mentions the commercial friendships that exist between Gina, Chris Ellison (MinRes) and Bill Beament (Develop). Chris and Gina are working together on a new export facility in Port Headland and have been together on other recent deal where Chris allowed Gina in at a cheaper price than what he himself paid. Chris and Bill are also allies and Chris owns almost 13% of Develop..It concludes that MinRes stands to become a l
    ess relevant to Albemarle if Albemarle gains unrestrained control of LTR. LTR product product is super to MinRes's and Alvemarle would rather feed Kemerton with a mix of Greenbush's and Kathleen Valley product, rather than take MiRes's product.

Develop made a public display when it walked way from the Kathleen Valley underground contract before it was awarded to Byrnecut, but rumour has it they were very enthusiastic for the contract beforehand. The underground contract with Byrnecut still hasn't been signed off, so there is still a chance for an 11th hour change in mind from the BOD.

This could all be a power play with Gina forming a blocking stake but Gina, Chris and Bill all having something to gain. Chris maybe able ensure his lithium business remains relevant to Albemarle and Bill maybe able to gain the underground contract. Gina maybe paying back Chris or wanting to be relevant in the lithium space in WA.

What does Tim get? This is only my thoughts..Maybe he gets to exit at what he perceives is a reasonable price plus he gets good terms for subsequent development contracts at Chalice? Both MinRes and Develop maybe able to give favourable terms on any development there? Tim just doesn't have only LTR shareholders to consider.

This is all pure speculation by me but considering how intertwined the billionaires are becoming in WA, worthy of thought imo. Just getting things done I guess.

G

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5578/5578728-3b03197cc9a808a08bc038558fbf47f5.jpg
    "Away on the Gold Coast at the moment clearing the head."

Hey @Goldilocks
    I sincerely hope you are well!
    If you just want to talk a bit write to me privately, I would be very happy to receive your message...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.045(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.291B
Open High Low Value Volume
90.5¢ 95.5¢ 90.0¢ $12.70M 13.61M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 116447 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 33526 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.