LTR 2.16% 90.5¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-18617

1. 2,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2149
    Thank you for your input. Good points you make. The only reason I'm holding now is for future dividends too. I can understand others selling out most of their shares at this point in time, as the near term risks do appear more to the downside. I almost joined @Kikker1959 last Friday. Was in communication with Euros Hartleys and half filled my application form but couodn't go through with it. I'm more rusted on than I thought it seems.

I have taken some profits but still holding 60%. It is not greed that keeps me here anymore, but belief in TG and the team, and loyalty for everything they've given me. I keep reminding myself how invested they all are in the outcome here. Even ex-board members are still significant shareholders to my knowledge. The shares I haven't sold are my wife's half of our superfund and the shares in our family trust. I turn 60 next year and retiring. I will withdraw the cash proceeds from the shares I sold in super and then buy my wife's LTR shares left in super to get her below the caps that the government is proposing to introduce in super in 2025. That way all our LTR shares will be in our family trust and hopefully divis can be distributed through that entity one day. My wife doesn't turn 60 for another 5 years years, so once I buy her shares in super, we will still be fairly cash poor unless I sell more shares at some point or divis arrive. I will have to put all her cash in a term deposit for 5 years to avoid the proposed tax on unrealised gains if that occurs. I can't get my head around how difficult it would be holding shares in that tax environment.

I also keep reminding myself that each player here has something to offer the other, so I can see a deal being struck here by 2 or more of the 3 players involved. ALB probably has the most to lose here so I can see them giving up more.

It is a pity the lithium sector has sold off quite sharply lately. But this is the time when M&A occurs. I agree if the deal falls through, we could see a sharp retrace. I believe our share price was around $1.50, not $2.50 when ALB lobbed their first bid, so that is rather scarey.

However, my belief is this will be resolved in a matter of weeks, not months, so this gives me optimism of a positive outcome for shareholders.

All the best.
    G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.194B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 93.5¢ 89.0¢ $26.09M 28.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 472933 90.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.5¢ 446423 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.