LTR 3.00% 97.0¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-18850

1. 683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    Look at PLS, they are in production yet the SP is sitting at an almost one year low. It is because of the Li price and the expected Li price hence making PLS the No1 shorted stock. If you think that just because you are in production this thing is going to $5 you are dreaming, especially when it is forecast that the Li price will remain low for the whole of 2024/5. Gina is not some super high IQ genius that can't make a wrong move. We do not know her intentions. Maybe she does think that Li is the future and is taking the long term view or maybe she was hoping for a quick buck with an ALB deal and got it wrong - yes she may have been wrong!.
    LTR may be fully funded, this depends on forecast expenditure as does the cost of extraction. These things nearly always go over budget. If they could predict unexpected problems they would not be unexpected and forecasts would not be forecasts. I still cannot think that their forecast costs per ton are correct as they are similar to standard mining costs, not underground. I do not know of a single Li miner whose costs per ton have been accurate, these things always go up. Look how much LTR's own forecasts to get to production have ballooned.
    I do not hold LTR at the moment (I sold out at 3.03) but the reason I sold out was not because I thought that LTR was not a good long term prospect, but because of the state of the market and current price of Li (also, I have taken early retirement, so zero capital gains). In addition, I thought the upside of $3 was limited as it would require another bid, in other words, the upside was limited, but the downside was huge (for the immediate future). I will bide my time and when the spp is finalised and LTR is back to normal trading on the market, there will be good buying opportunities, unless another offer comes along, a risk I am willing to take. And finally, I can not complain, LTR has been a great stock for me (not quite as good as PLS, but that is because I bought PLS years ago) and I hope that LTR will still be a great stock for me in the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
97.0¢
Change
-0.030(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.352B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.03 $1.03 96.5¢ $13.68M 13.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 76446 96.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.