LTR 1.79% 82.5¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-18965

1. 368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 773
    https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Xi-hofft-auf-Scholz-im-Zoff-mit-der-EU-article24508472.html

Subsidies for electric car manufacturersXi is hoping for Scholz in the dispute with the EU

There is a crunch between Brussels and Beijing. The EU Commission wants to take a closer look at subsidies for Chinese electric car manufacturers. In a telephone conversation with Chancellor Scholz, Chinese President Xi demands that Germany change the EU's mind. The war in the Middle East is also an issue.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz spoke to Chinese President Xi Jinping about the situation in the Middle East and the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine. Government spokesman Steffen Hebestreit announced this after a video conference between the two. Chinese state media reported after the conversation that Xi had called on Scholz to urge the European Union to compete fairly with China.

In the Middle East, the topic was “Hamas' terrorist attack on Israel and the current situation in the region,” explained Hebestreit. With regard to Ukraine, it was reiterated that “a nuclear war must not be waged and can never be won.” The conversation also discussed bilateral relations and economic cooperation between China and Germany.

"China views Europe as an important strategic partner and an important pole in a multipolar world," Xi said, according to a report by broadcaster CCTV. It is hoped that Germany will urge the EU to uphold the principles of market economy and fairness and work with China to ensure fair competition and free trade, Xi added.

"Example of win-win cooperation"

China and the EU are important trading partners, but European countries are increasingly trying to reduce their dependence on Beijing. At the beginning of October, the EU Commission initiated a competition investigation into allegedly anti-competitive subsidies for Chinese electric car manufacturers. China denies these accusations.

In a conversation with Scholz, the Chinese president emphasized that relations between China and the EU are linked to global stability and the prosperity of the Eurasian continent. They deserve “all efforts on both sides to preserve and develop them.”

Beijing and Berlin are both "responsible great powers" that must develop bilateral relations well and "set an example of win-win cooperation," Xi said. Chancellor Scholz was the first head of government from the West to meet Chinese President Xi after he consolidated his sole rule at the Chinese Communist Party congress last November.

Xi cannot be surpassed in hypocrisy!
    Chinese electric cars are subsidized by the Chinese government, dismantled and processed in an environmentally unfriendly manner.
    Xi is not concerned here with the basic idea of making the world more environmentally friendly, he is only concerned with controlling the electrified world regardless of losses!
    He wants to flood the Western world with cheap Chinese electric cars and destroy Western car manufacturers.
    Invoking "bilateral relations and economic cooperation between China and Germany", "principles of market economy and fairness and work with China to ensure fair competition and free trade", "win-win cooperation" and "Beijing and Berlin are both "responsible "great powers" that must develop bilateral relations well and "set an example of win-win cooperation," are sheer mockery!!!
    Win win, wtf?
    For Xi, only one person can win here!
    I hope our weak Chancellor finds clear and unequivocal words in response to this slimy and subliminal request!
    Chinese cars must be made appropriately more expensive with appropriate tariffs regarding subsidies AND ESG criteria in order to maintain competition from Western-oriented car brands and our ESG standards.
    My original magic formula for my investment in LTR was and is ESG and no greenwashing at the expense of everything I hold dear!
    If Chinese cars become more expensive relative to our cars, no one will buy them anymore.
    E-car subsidies only for cars that meet ESG standards!
    Even if they have copied a lot of knowledge in recent years, their cars will ultimately still have the "made in China" label.
    I would never buy one!

I hope Europe and Germany show Xi where he can put his good bilateral relations...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.