LTR 1.71% 86.0¢ liontown resources limited

I agree with everything you say in the second half of your post,...

1. 2,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2161
    I agree with everything you say in the second half of your post, but I don't see the superfunds as the real villain here. As the article stated, if they didn't loan out their shares, the market would find someone else. I see what the superfunds are doing as just financial prudence. Given their governence policies, if they are long a stock, they probably still need to offset their risk by shorting something else in the sector or loaning out their shares. Importantly, they are not selling their shares, so they want them back at some stage and the guy running Aware super is said to be pretty smart on the resources sector. The villain is the short seller/ sellers driving down the stock price for nefarious reasons imo. I believe this is coming from China, as so many others have alluded to and explined well the situation. It makes business sence to crush the upstream, even if it means they also lose money upstream, as they can get it back downstream. The benefits for them are huge, mainly stopping all new supply until they can bring on enough China-controlled supply elsewhere. Whetger they can manage to do that remains to be seen. It is a race but I not sure enough Western goverments has cottoned-on. We need to build out our downstream supply fast, so we have more options on where to send our spod. I'm hopeful things will change, but waiting is painful on many levels. If China fails to build out China-controlled supply in time, we will see a strong rebound in the price as many have alluded to. Go the Lion.
    G
    Last edited by Goldilocks: Yesterday, 21:23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
86.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $2.085B
Open High Low Value Volume
88.0¢ 88.5¢ 85.0¢ $5.507M 6.357M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 115746 85.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
86.0¢ 48595 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.