LTR 3.73% 64.5¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-23914

1. 1,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 925
    @celtickiwi

I am going to assume your last paragraph relates to price discovery, liquidity, and the smooth running of the market regarding stocks, and that without shorting everything would still run smoothly. If so then I absolutely agree. If there was no shorting, people would still analyse companies and make a decision based on numerous factors. The decisions made by investors to either buy or sell would be sufficient IMO for price discovery. ASIC and ASX can still monitor closely for pump and dumps etc.. to prevent out of control share price rises.

Once a company’s share price reaches a certain high, the lure for investors to sell and profit would be there, and at differing price points. This creates its own entry and exit points.

Shares also drop naturally through inactivity. This is evidenced by the many stocks that have little or no shorting. They still go up and down and there is liquidity and appropriate price discovery.

By allowing shorting, it is doing nothing to help the market other than helping those with the money backing them to rip off the smaller investor - The ultimate meaning of Wealth transfer.

ASIC, the Fed Govt, and those within the financial market sector should start doing their jobs and look at the destruction of our great Aussie companies and what appears to us like legalised highway robbery from retail investors that shorting is doing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
64.5¢
Change
-0.025(3.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.582B
Open High Low Value Volume
67.0¢ 67.5¢ 64.5¢ $4.853M 7.393M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
48 623257 64.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
65.0¢ 453678 46
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.