LTR 2.46% 62.5¢ liontown resources limited

@Gwaihir“coating for Lithium-Ion batteries that claims to reduce...

1. 1,588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 887
    @Gwaihir

“coating for Lithium-Ion batteries that claims to reduce their tendencies to sometimes catch fire by up to 80 percent, which would seem a very good development, given the thousands that catch fire each year.”

I feel like I always have to keep correcting people because comments like this are unacceptably misleading and false. I understand if this is what you believe, so let me give you the TRUE statistics from recognised university studies into this phenomenon:

From DRIVE.COM.AU
    Passenger electric vehicles have a 0.0012 per cent chance of catching fire (EV FireSafe study - providing expert advice to emergency responders). In comparison, petrol or diesel powered cars have a 0.1 per cent chance of igniting.

From SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY STUDIES
    Australian firm EV FireSafe tracks passenger electric vehicle battery fires WORLDWIDE. From 2010 to June 2023, its database recorded just 393 verified fires globally, out of 30 million electric vehicles on the road. In Australia, there were 4, and 1 of those was an arson!

For any newcomers here. Do your own research. It is shameful that there are continuous false allegations being made on media, by posters on here, and by others in business with a vested interest. These falsehoods are dangerous and MUST be stopped.

So again, @Gwaihir, there is NOT thousands of electric vehicle fires. Very very untrue.

Oh, and just 1 more statistic I did post the other day, in the USA alone, there are over 230 thousand ICE fires every year on average compared with just 44 electric vehicle fires.

But hey I am all for safety and any vehicle fire that can be prevented, should be!

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
62.5¢
Change
0.015(2.46%)
Mkt cap ! $1.515B
Open High Low Value Volume
62.0¢ 64.5¢ 61.5¢ $9.865M 15.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 230271 62.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
63.0¢ 56900 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.