LTR 3.90% 74.0¢ liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-24827

1. 9,131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18297
    Tantulum is, in effect, a net credit - after costs, or in effect the profit. The key though, looking at the DFS is some tantulum costs would appear IMO to be entirely allocated to spodumene concentrate costs up to the magnetic and gravity separation stage of the process flowsheet.

Posted on tantulum and how it is extracted etc in Post #: 73985801 and Post #: 73987142, including comparing the credit to those reported by other companies as well. LTR's net credit appears conservative. Those posts probably have the info you are seeking.

As per normal one of the posts above has a picture which has gone but I got that from the DFS itself - Post #: 57483407 - and the first post this is the picture I was explaining.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6512/6512064-4f0427d9470afd97ed443ec817c16ffd.jpg
    Tantulum has a specific gravity from recollection around 16, whereas spodumene has a specific gravity of around 3.1. Given the significant difference in specific gravity and magnetic properties, separation should not be a major issue IMO. In effect, the process for tantulum is more akin to a DMS process so in part capture of tantulum is also around ease of liberation, whilst for spodumene it is all about the WOF process - which I posted on in Post #: 71113718

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.