LTR 8.28% 78.5¢ liontown resources limited

Demand for Lithium Hydroxide is rapidly increasing: In 2019,...

1. 6,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3585
    Demand for Lithium Hydroxide is rapidly increasing:
    In 2019, Albemarle Corporation commenced construction at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area in Western Australia to develop the Kemerton lithium hydroxide processing plant (“Kemerton”). Once construction is complete, Kemerton will process spodumene ore to produce lithium hydroxide product and a sodium sulfate by-product. Kemerton is expected to have an initial capacity of about 50,000 metric tons LCE of lithium hydroxide, with an ability to expand to 100,000 metric tons LCE over time.

To support a safe and successful plant construction process, Albemarle has engaged a number of largely local Western Australian based suppliers. Over 500 construction jobs have been created to date and 300 further operational roles are forecast to be required for Kemerton. Albemarle is committed to the Australian Industry Participation Plan.

Albemarle's presence in Western Australia extends beyond the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area. We also obtain lithium through hard rock mining via our 49% interest in Windfield Holdings Pty. Ltd, which directly owns 100% of the equity of Talison Lithium Pty. Ltd., a company incorporated in Australia (“Talison”). Talison, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, owns and operates a lithium mine in Greenbushes, Western Australia and mines lithium ore, which is then milled and processed to separate lithium concentrate from the rest of the ore. In addition, we hold a 60% interest in Mineral Resources Limited’s (“MRL”) Wodgina hard rock lithium mine project in Western Australia (“Wodgina Project”) and formed an unincorporated joint venture with MRL, named MARBL Lithium Joint Venture, for the exploration, development, mining, processing and production of lithium and other minerals (other than iron ore and tantalum) from the Wodgina Project and for the operation of Kemerton. Kemerton trains 1 & 2 are part of the MARBL Lithium JV, a 60:40 joint venture between Albemarle and Mineral Resources Limited, which also includes the Wodgina mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.5¢
Change
0.060(8.28%)
Mkt cap ! $1.903B
Open High Low Value Volume
76.5¢ 79.5¢ 74.5¢ $19.01M 24.50M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 46043 78.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
79.0¢ 62337 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.