LTR 4.72% $1.11 liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-51

1. 5,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19079
    Yes I just saw that on Berry Fitzgerald's article this weekend that he was saying "While there has been chatter that cashed-up lithium producer Galaxy (GXY) has been buying the stock (LTR).."

I always follow Berry Fitzgerald as he has very deep relations with mining industry. As some of you may know he brought up RIO's Winu discovery before everyone. He even mentioned about the project name "Winu" while RIO didn't mention about anything about the project.

If BF says it's a "chatter" it might become the truth soon. We will see.

I also said on my post #: 38492377 on May 9; (I don't hold and no intention to hold GXY btw)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I was watching all trades whole day today, and past 4 trading days since Friday to understand what's happening...

From my experience this much strong buying does not appear to me a rerating, FOMO, traders buying etc.

Something extraordinary happening with $LTR atm.
    Buyers are not giving up buying.
    Not many sellers around even though its 30% up on a Friday afternoon.
    Very interesting
    From my experience a major buyer is building a stake in LTR (in my opinion).

Wesfarmers did the same thing for KDR, built a stake before they put the takeover offer on the table)

That means LTR might receive a takeover bid soon. It might be hostile or friendly, we can't know that."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to Galaxy, it has an interesting position in lithium market.

• Cashed up by selling half of their Sal de Vida Brine Project tenements in Argentina to Posco (Korea) for US$280m. (~AU$400m)
    • Bought 12% stake of A40 Alliance (producing at Bald Hill resource) by paying $22.5m this week. Alliance has high quality production.
    • Mt Cattlin Lithium mine has a small resource (12mt) but production delivers cashflow and supports continued strengthening of financial position. However this asset is not very high quality; 12mt resource is low, concentrate grade of 5.75% Li2O in Q1 2019 is also low, overall plant recovery 51% in Q1 2019 is low again)
    • Sal de Vida Project in Argentina; revised feasibility study supports low cost, long life project with robust economics; project funding well advanced. This is a high tonnage (7mt LCE and high grade brine project with around 800mg/l Lithium.
    • James Bay Lithium Project in Canada is a high quality development asset, with feasibility underway for both upstream and downstream operations. JB is a mid size project with a resource of tonnage 40.5mt @1.4% Li2O grade.
    • Bought 12% stake in Lepidico (paid $2.9m) which owns L-Max technology in Oct. 2017.

GXY have the opportunity to pick up under valued lithium resources while the lithium market is bottomed, just before the EV market is about to go boom. GXY shares also lost a lots of value since Jan. 2018. (from $4.50 to $1.64).

GXY has very experienced in lithium business. I don't think they will develop the Sal de Vida project. I think they will sell it the remaining tenements and invest in hard rock business completely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
-0.055(4.72%)
Mkt cap ! $2.691B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.16 $1.16 $1.11 $12.36M 10.97M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 210825 $1.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 78835 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.12
  Change
-0.055 ( 3.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.16 $1.16 $1.12 3771354
Last updated 15.59pm 19/04/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.