LTR 0.00% $1.23 liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-22157

1. 9,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17131
    I am not sure why you don't post in PLS (why here?). The most important line in the article you posted is the following:

"China’s EV industry is only going to go from strength to strength as a whole, but not every player today will see the finish line,” said Mark Rainford, an automotive industry commentator based in Shanghai who hosts the YouTube channel “Inside China Auto.”

What it means is pretty simple - the industry is growing and will grow. However because the industry in China is no longer in its infancy stages, it will now consolidate meaning some car companies will die and others will be merged - but EV demand is growing. It is how capitalism works (even in communist China LOL). I also would be expecting car companies overseas actually developing increased EV capability as well - in Europe and USA - to be more away from been held hostage by China.

I would also be expecting more greater vertical intergration - EV producers having greater stakes in lithium mines and chemical convertion processes etc

For others below I will just put down my previous research, which can apply more widely to the lithium industry per se and not just LTR.

Demand and not all spodumene is the same:

Explained in Post #:71667622

Breaking China's dominance -

Graph below
    explained inPost #:69711272: Point - countries are seeing their own viewpoints on making sure you have access to minerals and your own EV capability in own country.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6125/6125859-6f8752c9dc64b2caddc7e4e0dea2a865.jpg

This is what I think is the next step - improving battery efficiency:

Improving battery efficiency in terms of inputs per kWh, would mean the costs of EVs would further reduce, and more importantly take up of EVs would further increase meaning demand for EVs would further increase beyond current forecasts (which are largely built largely on 0.9 kg LCE per kWh). Or another way to put it, despite EVs needing less lithium (and other materials per kWh) at some point in time, the increase in EV demand more than compensates for the fall in LCE need in EVs. A bit like what you saw with takeup of say computers and typical technology change overtime - they become cheaper and functions improve, but demand accelerates.

With demand projected to grow strongly for EVs as forecast now, any acceleration of that can only be good for lithium producers like LTR who will be getting to market early is my point - those getting in early reap the benefits of current prices and reap the benefits of accelerating demand as EVs become cheaper as well - improving battery efficiency also means input prices don't have to fall drastically to accelerate demand is my point because of the demand growth itself and cost of vehicles coming down as material inputs in EV batteries reduce.

For those wanting to understand where the 0.371kg LCE per kWh comes from it is in this post - calcs half way downPost #:66633823It is a relatively technical post for those interested.

Understanding what goes into a battery:
    More info in Post #:73336415

Back to you:
    Finally, go spread your nonsense in PLS and MIN - I am sure they will listen in anticipation to your views!! You don't believe demand will grow etc etc - so that is fine. I just don't agree with you, full stop.

As a final point - you need 3 times more copper in an EV than an ICE vehicle. BHP is making its view clear as well IMO, although copper obviously has more traditional uses. BHP made its views clear quite some time ago - BHP to ride EV, green power revolution as copper, nickel demand set to soar (smh.com.au)

All IMO
    Last edited by Scarpa: 25/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.970B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 $7.836M 6.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39539 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 12600 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.000 ( 0.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.22 2016924
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.