LTR 0.69% $1.45 liontown resources limited

Lithium Related Media Articles, page-270

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    Trust the clever old Norske to come up with the worlds first electric container ship eh!?

Being descendant from the vikings, having a trillion dollar future fund and being very educated all helps I guess.

The ship from what I saw isn't doing a massive voyage, its sheltered water and the fact its lost its super structure and its sleek design would save no end in energy needs. Also 120 boxes, I dunno if that was 20 or 40ft but anyway its a small one. But its still very impressive and only the beginning.
    Another thing I thought of is if energy expenditure was an issue it would mainly be in getting the thing going, and tugs do that work.

Mainly funded by the state, well I guess a nation with the greatest uptake of EVs on the planet can see the future of electric power.

Great spot TR.

You would not want to send one of those unmanned babies within cooee of the South China Sea, Somalia or West Africa though...

Pirates would have a ball with unmanned ships, they would raid them just to see whats on board and burn them if they were unimpressed.

Damn Australian iron ore, what are we gonna do with this crap?! Ha ha!

And yes, I can comment on ships in harbour having worked there when younger. Large ships run their own diesel generators in harbour andes they belch out pollution.

I have spoken to Key crane drivers who nearly choking have had to get ships to turn off their generators while they unload containers from parts of the ship near the smoke stacks. It makes a real significant part of any coastal cities air pollution. Well those with container ports which in Australia is all of our cities virtually except Canberra.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
-0.010(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $3.503B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.47 $1.48 $1.44 $2.491M 1.711M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 39154 $1.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 36572 34
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.45
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.46 $1.48 $1.44 564750
Last updated 12.00pm 22/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.