PLS 1.31% $3.02 pilbara minerals limited

Lithium Stock Comparison - Updated, page-17

1. 339 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Hi SuperNinja

Firstly I appreciate you taking the time to do the research and sharing it.

A couple comments and queries on your analysis.

Re Tianqi & Greenbushes
    1. All the Probable Mineral Reserves are contained within the Indicated Mineral Resources (source). I believe this means adding mineral reserves to mineral resources would have you counting some ore twice.

2. In your figures the decimal point looks like it's one off. Not sure where you sourced them but the most recent data I can find has the total measured and indicated mineral resources at 118.4Mt @ 2.4%, I am guessing you were looking at the March 2011 figures where the resources were 72Mt rather than 7.2Mt. This won't skew things in your comparison if the decimal is applied consistently in the other valuations.

3. Are you comparing the ore without taking into account the concentration? If so probably worth going one more step to the amount of Li20 or LCE otherwise you could effectively be counting 1Mt of ore with 3% as being the same as 1Mt of ore with 1%.

4. Do you think Talison Lithium's other hardrock spodumene assets are worth including in the EV / Resource comparison? I wouldn't bother with their brine since then it gets a bit apples and oranges (although you do include ORE which is a brine asset).

upload_2016-5-12_15-35-19.png

5. Using your figure for EV and using my ore figure, without taking into account grade, I get EV (9.4b) / Resource (83.04Mt) = $113.19 per T (or 1131.9 with the decimal as you have applied it in your calcs)

I would suggest the EV / LCE figure more relevant - 9.4b / 415.58kt = 2261.90 per T of LCE

Note for other readers not familiar with Tianqi Lithium it has  a couple operational  lithium processing factories as well and 20% of a Tibetan brine asset.

Re ORE
    Curious as to what resource are you using to calculate OREs EV / Resource figure? In the Tianqi figure you use EV / Mt, ORE is brine based though so how do you get a comparable figure without going to LCE or Li20?

Re GMM/GXY
    On a side note - Cost of production for GMM/GXY is a bit low, I wish it was that cheap (yes have seen it in the old GXY figures but don't believe is inclusive of all costs like the figures for PLS NMT and AJM)

If I have gotten any of the above wrong happy for comments and corrections, a few heads are better than one.

Oh and of course considering this is a PLS thread it is worth including for PLS that I get an EV (820.72m @ 81c - 60m cash = 760.72m) / LCE (80.2Mt * 1.26% * 2.473 LCE conversion)  of $340.40 per T of LCE, without factoring in the exploration target.
    Last edited by ArthurDent: 12/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.02
Change
-0.040(1.31%)
Mkt cap ! $9.090B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.08 $3.11 $3.02 $55.82M 18.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 424619 $3.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.03 17344 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.