Cheers for those links I've seen the smartphones used as a...

1. 11,017 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 668
    Cheers for those links

I've seen the smartphones used as a justification for more electric vehicle sales - however the newer smartphones do a lot more than the older ones. Whereas the EV's are inferior in some ways to petrol burning cars (capital costs, refueling time, and range), and superior in others (cost to fill up), with a slightly unbalanced scorecard for everyday consumers at this stage IMO. I reckon that is a totally misleading attempt to get the market over-excited. A better example for numbers is the transition from incandescent light bulbs to compact flouros before the governments forced the changes. It was far far slower than anticipated! (but rocketed once the government tipped the scales).

I'm sure Gerrit Fuelling is very sharp, but his expertise in is hard rock mining. As an industrial Chemist by background, I really cannot see that SQM has many technical challenges in boosting supply significantly. They are mostly building evaporation ponds in a hurry (and can roll those out incrementally as well) and don't really need many new pumps or wells even, and have an excess of time to expand plant capacity.

All IMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.