I think a valid argument to counter your claim - EV's are...

1. 5,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 753
    I think a valid argument to counter your claim - EV's are inferior in some ways to petrol burning cars' would have me wondering where best to start, so I'll start at the bottom and work my way up. Thanks for putting this topic on the forum too. By Petrol burning cars, you mean ICE internal combustion vehicles. So that includes diesel and LPG. EV's have their battery packs placed in the base. This gives an EV superior handling over an ICE V which has the bulk of its weight under the front hood. This continues to baffle engineers who strive to design complicated systems to better improve the handling of ICE vehicles while the EV has an ultra low centre of gravity and is proven to out handle (and outperform, but I'll get to that point in a moment), ICE Vehicles hands down. There is no 2 ways about it. Also, the EV has virtually no moving parts, requires no oil change and mech servicing is virtually non existent. An EV aircraft for example such as the 2 seater based in Jandakot WA is reported to be 10 times cheaper to maintain compared to its ICE counterpart. Range, well that is no longer as it was a couple of years back so you must be looking at old data. By 2020 the range will exceed most ICE vehicles. Fuel stations closing. As EV takes off fuel stations will gradually be superseded by charging stations and the highly complicated logistics of transporting and storing dangerous carcinogenic toxic fossil fuels for cars will hopefully one day soon be a thing if the past (estimated to be in 22 years from now in most of Europe), as it is replaced with simple clean safe charging outlets even in your own carport and they can be fitted anywhere such as on a footpath outside your home if you have no driveway just as my neighbour with her Red Tesla does. PERFORMANCE. The EV is safer and handles better but is also faster and goes quicker and faster than an ICE. Vehicle. In fact the Lightning which is an EV motorcycle made in the USA is the fastest production bike in the world and it has been for several years. TECH FUTURE. Given that the ICE vehicle has 100 years of mainstream factory design behind it and the EV barely a few, the advances we will see in EV will undoubtably l have the ICE vehicles compared to the same difference between it and a horse as an EV compared to todays latest model FORD. To compare an EV with the ICE and say it is inferior in any way is no different to that same train of thought 110 years ago when people said the same thing about those oil burning contraptions being inferior to horses.
    Last edited by givemethecash: 06/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.