Forgot to thank you for your post @Koi-7 - was a bit distracted...

1. 11,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 665
    Forgot to thank you for your post @Koi-7 - was a bit distracted

I think the other risk is that you are forecasting the future. At the moment very few people care about the handling - I know one person who would care a lot about that - but most roads are built for existing cars and trucks with their current handling. The range is still obviously an issue today (long range expensive tesla 3 at 300s of miles, typical hybrid at 650s upwards in city driving), and you have to park your car somewhere where you can plug it in - which is a big PITA for many of us. Our family could conveniently have one car parked to charge at night, but would be annoying having 3 in our driveway charging. You forget to charge it and you are probably in a very annoying situation - not just 5 mins at the petrol station - but today you will be in a taxi.

Hybrids are probably the next in line to really take market share, if the price comes down a bit. I will probably be buying a hybrid as our next family car - but not an EV. Still Hybrids have less than 3% market shares in the USA - which is amazingly awful. So what market share will EV's get to in a hurry?

Also it is a bit of a mixed proposition here in Victoria as you are driving on brown coal mostly.
    Once the infrastructure is in place, and the inconveniences are dealt with by technology, and the price is comparable, then there is a big market. That will take a long time IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.