PLS 4.45% $2.79 pilbara minerals limited

It seems the hybrids are still in demand for now. I wonder if...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    It seems the hybrids are still in demand for now. I wonder if CATL new battery ready for sale in cars mid 2024 will be the catalyst to the hybrids demise.

On August 16, CATL launched Shenxing, the world’s first 4C superfast charging LFP battery, capable of delivering 400 km of driving range with a 10-minute charge as well as a range of over 700 km on a single full charge. Shenxing is expected to considerably alleviate fast charging anxiety for EV users, and opens up an era of EV superfast charging.

https://www.catl.com/en/news/6091.html

TOKYO/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -When Tony Le set out with his wife to buy a new car last year, he looked at Tesla and other all-electric models.

In the end, the 37-year-old Modesto, California, tech worker opted for a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid due to worries over getting stranded with a purely electric vehicle, a dead battery and no charging station in sight.

"Sometimes I want to play with the electric vehicles just based on the speed and torque. But for practical use ... it just didn't make sense," said Le, who often drives to Washington state from California for work.

Le is among the growing number of consumers accelerating hybrid vehicle sales, leaving long-time hybrid maker Toyota Motor in pole position to lap rivals who have been making a rapid transition towards full electrification and now grapple with weakening EV demand.

High interest rates and an uncertain economic outlook have also prompted many EV makers to cut their production targets and warn of slowing sales growth in recent weeks.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/analysis-toyota-outshine-rivals-more-081314479.html

Last edited by Mlad001: 07/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.79
Change
-0.130(4.45%)
Mkt cap ! $8.398B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.89 $2.92 $2.79 $56.11M 19.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 231594 $2.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.80 28889 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.