1MC 0.00% 4.4¢ morella corporation limited

Lithium & The Future, page-11

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I think they make some very good points.
    They have also been fairly accurate but that does not mean they will be accurate in the future.

Necessity is the mother of all invention.
    If there is Lithium demand there will be more Lithium produced.
    Just as high prices in IO resulted in a huge upswing of IO resources and a subsequent drop in pricing.
    It takes a lot of research and there is no quick answer.
    Do I think they are correct? Yes and No.
    More Yes in the short term 3-6 years and more of a No after that.

In particular we have to differentiate between brine and hard rock along costings, time to market, quality and applications.
    However, no-one should sit back and be smug that just because we and others have Lithium we are going to be winners.
    If management and shareholders do not understand what lies ahead it may fall well short of expectations.
    That is why I put up a thread about the "two" joining forces.
    It take a lot to run a mine, it takes much more from a marketing, technical and administration perspective.
    It takes people that understand world markets, make connections and most importantly read the future.
    A mine in that area is not going to be a small cost and it will take a lot of effort to get up and running.

Two things I would say. Brine is cheap to extract but TTM can be long and there can be many complications along the way. Cheap to extract and environmentally friendly. Sort of like sticking a large straw into the ground. After that it's a whole new ball game. Do I think brine producers will suffer in the next 10 years, hell yes..

The other and main thing is how we measure disruptive technology. My first post talked about what disruptive technology means. The fact is we can learn a lot about what's ahead by looking back at the last real disruptive technology which was the internet.

Whether battery technology is the next disruptive technology. THAT is the main issue in any research.
    The technology will change, the players will change. Those things are moving sand. It is the end result that needs to be the first focus in research because that it what indicates whether it's disruptive technology or just a gradual change.
    Forget the yours is bigger than mine nonsense because this is the question that will decide the real future of our investment.

When we were excited about the internet and possibilities for the future we though it was going to be huge. However, I would go as far as to to say that the most exited people still had no idea of just how huge it was going to be and in a relatively short time. How much of what actually happened did we imagine in percentage terms? Similarly the change from horse to car was far greater than anyone expected. So can any company predict what will happen with battery storage in future? I doubt it.
    I think the changes are going to be beyond what we can imagine. If I didn't I would look to make a quick dollar and get out.
    However, let's not forget there were massive winners last time and massive losers. that's why it would take a lot for me to invest in the actual changing technology unless it was a certain winner.

I do think that with hard rock lithium we have the best investment for the future. Certainly that doesn't mean it cannot be screwed up. It's not a done deal.

I tend to think the next 10 years will be hardest and mostly for brine producers but we are not out of the woods either.
    There will be many Lithium streams coming on board and like always the best will win. We read a lot about us having the best or second best resource. It might just be more about who is best at actually mining and developing markets and we don;t know that yet. We know this company has a lot of mining experience but they are lacking in marketing skills . If they can't market themselves in the next six months we have to ask how they are going to market the product and develop the contacts. We know the other is a good marketer but there have been shortcoming as far as actual mine development. Typically there are strengths and weaknesses in every company and in every market and that's how research helps.

I think any major hard rock lithium resource has excellent potential and will not be barracking for one. Some made that mistake with AOL and Yahoo and we know what happened.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.4¢ 4.3¢ $4.318K 99.90K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 94221 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 44201 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
1MC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.