1MC 3.13% 3.3¢ morella corporation limited

'I can imagine such an acceptance of the "oversupply myth" would...

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5799
    '
    I can imagine such an acceptance of the "oversupply myth" would have made him a pariah in these forums. Correct or not.​
    '

He didn't post that here. There are two oversupply scenario that get confused.

The first is a temporary oversupply of spodumene due to conversion capacity limitations which are rapidly being expanded in China and lots of Australian output coming online at the same time. Most people would (IMO) be accepting of this scenario and it has resulted in lower offtake prices.

The second scenario is a long term oversupply narrative of Morgan Stanley and friends which sees carbonate prices dropping down to $7/kg (from $12/kg currently). This is based on their demand figures in the 600kt/y by 2025 (anaemic EV growth expectation) and all projects/expansions being on time. With the 600kt/y now being doubled by UBS and ALB and project delays a plenty (Nemaska needs $375mil, SQM short on production, ORE not going to increase production in 2019, PLS/AJM slow ramp up, plus almost all explorers being unfunded in 2018 due to the market sentiment), most folks doubt this longer term scenario I'd imagine. Morgan Stanley, like Macquarie and even UBS, have for years, played catch up in their predictions. Taking UBS as an example (better than the other two IMO) started with a prediction of 9% global EV sales by 2025, then revised it to 14% (in 2017), then 16.5 (Jan 2018) and then in Nov 2018, 1150kt/y LCE. This underestimation of demand and overestimation of supply (treating company timelines as gospel when they are more often not on time) is a pattern you see often. Macquarie claimed at the start of 2018 that EV sales in 2018 would grow at 30-40%. They ended up growing by 63%. So out by potentially 100% in the span of less than 12 months is either pure amateur hour or has some other ulterior motives. Not the first time for Macquarie either to get it wrong on lithium.

Nice figures btw, fingers crossed ALB do well!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $8.935M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.3¢ 3.3¢ $1.043K 31.60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 59721 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 372438 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.34pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
1MC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.